Cuso International sends volunteers around the world to help: reduce poverty by creating sustainable livelihoods; eliminate disadvantage by improving access to education and healthcare; and combat inequality by empowering people and communities.
Our skilled volunteers work with motivated community-based partners around the world to build skills and transfer knowledge that brings about positive, lasting change. Use the map on the main page to meet some of our amazing volunteers. Follow them on their adventures in country and learn how you can also be a force for change in the world.
re-volunteer a few years after they’ve returned from their original placement.
At Cuso International we send people to help community-based partners overcome poverty and inequality. Our volunteers are professionals who have the skills, knowledge and experience needed to improve lives and empower communities.
Volunteer placements range from six months to two years, and span the globe. You can choose to work with communities and organizations in Africa, Asia, Latin America or the Caribbean in your area of expertise.
Volunteer today and help create real, positive, lasting change in the world. Check out our current placements.
Cuso International offers volunteers comprehensive pre-departure training and ongoing local support. When you volunteer with Cuso International, you will receive:
- Travel and accommodation for pre-departure and in-country training
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program during placement and upon return
- Accommodation while in country
- Modest living allowance while in country
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Travel and accommodation for your reintegration debriefing weekend
All we ask in return is that you fundraise $2,000 towards the cost of your placement. We will support you every step of the way! Become a volunteer and use your skills and knowledge to help people who are motivated to improve their lives and livelihoods. Browse current volunteer opportunities or get in touch to learn more.