Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors. Together with our volunteers, we’re on the ground throughout Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and Canada – wherever people need and want help to improve their lives.
Our Vision: A world where all people are able to realize their potential, develop their skills and participate fully in society.
Our Mission: Reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of volunteers, partners and donors.
Cuso International offers volunteers comprehensive pre-departure training and ongoing local support. When you volunteer with Cuso International, you will receive:
- Travel and accommodation for pre-departure and in-country training
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program during placement and upon return
- Accommodation while in country
- Modest living allowance while in country
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Travel and accommodation for your reintegration debriefing weekend
All we ask in return is that you fundraise $2,000 towards the cost of your placement. We will support you every step of the way! Become a volunteer and use your skills and knowledge to help people who are motivated to improve their lives and livelihoods. Browse current volunteer opportunities or get in touch to learn more.